Create and maintain a Kansas association of human resource professionals that enhances the professional competencies of individual members and develops the profession of public human resource management in Kansas.
We do this by:
- Developing a regular schedule of chapter activities which provide opportunities for learning and networking;
- Actively recruiting human resources professionals with diverse backgrounds and diverse experience;
- Increasing PSHRA Kansas membership participation in statewide, regional, and national professional activities; and
- Developing a culture that recognizes PSHRA Kansas members for their contributions to our profession and celebrates members’ accomplishments.
Benefits of Membership
Membership in PSHRA Kansas is open to anyone in Kansas who is engaged in the human resource management professional and supports the mission and goals of PSHRA Kansas. There are two membership categories: Professional and Student.
Any member of PSHRA Kansas who is not an Individual or Agency member of the Public Sector HR Association automatically becomes an Chapter Affiliate Member of PSHRA. Affiliate members receive weekly news bulletins and discounts on some professional development opportunities offered by PSHRA.
Student members receive all benefits of regular membership. Students must be actively engaged in an educational program that focuses on public management or human resource management.
- Professional membership- $120 per year (July 1-June 30). Professional membership includes all benefits discussed above, plus the membership fee covers all meetings/training sessions (typically 4 per year) and covers the cost of lunch and other meeting
- Student membership- No yearly dues. Student members receive all of the benefits discussed above. Student members are charged a $20 for each meeting they attend, which covers the cost of lunch and meeting expenses.
Non-members are charged a fee of $40 for any meeting or training session they attend. This fee includes the cost of lunch and regular meeting expenses. In the event additional expenses are associated with a meeting (purchase of a book is required, or something of that nature), the cost will be increased to ensure that it covers all expenses. Non-members who register to attend the meeting will be notified if the cost will exceed $40.