Please join us on Thursday, March 28th at 1:00 pm Eastern Time for an authentic conversation on navigating the transgender experience and pronoun usage in the workplace. Dr. Elijah Nicholas will provide a safe environment for this discussion on:
- Pronoun usage in the workplace: the good, the bad, and the indifferent.
- Methods for human resource leaders and professionals to navigate LGBTQIA+ employee’s experiences (with and amongst all employees) while facilitating authentic employee inclusion (specifically from the transgender perspective), genuine welcoming of all employees, and understanding/empathizing with differences within the organization.
Participants will gain:
- Understanding of the Transgender experience based on facilitator’s lived experiences.
- Understanding of the differences between Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation and why this understanding is critical to developing inclusive, affirming, and welcoming strategic policies.
- Understanding of how leadership teams in collaboration with human resource professionals can navigate pronoun usage/discussion in the workplace so all employees are included and acknowledged using their preferred language.
Speaker: Dr. Elijah Nicholas (He/Him/His), Founder & Executive Director, 100 Black Trans Men, Inc.