The City of Henderson is seeking a Senior Learning and Development Specialist to join the Training and Organizational Effectiveness Division of the City’s Department of Human Resources. Under limited supervision, recommends, designs, develops, and facilitates virtual and in-person training and development programs that support the employee experience and cultivate a culture of learning throughout the organization; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Delivers training through diverse channels and methods including remote learning and onsite in-person classes
- Conducts task and needs assessments, formulates learning objectives, creates curriculum, and designs and delivers content to enhance training and development programs for the City
- Develops comprehensive curriculum for instructor led (in-person and virtual) and eLearning formats, integrating sound instructional design principles to produce effective documentation including workbooks, job aids, online help text, and reference materials
- Consults with key stakeholders to determine the training and development needs of organizational leadership and recommends appropriate training solutions to enhance leadership effectiveness and drive organizational success
- Administers organizational assessment tools and interprets the findings to develop recommendations, interventions, and action plans
Note: This is an announcement of an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary Range of $77,130.20 – $115,695.30 annually; salary placement for non-represented positions is based on a comprehensive compensation review and takes into consideration the candidate’s qualifications as well as internal equity*
- Base Wage increase upon successful completion of Initial Probationary or Qualifying Period**
- Pay for Performance Base Wage Increase or Lump Sum Bonus**
- *Click here to View the City’s Non-Represented Compensation Policy
- **Contingent upon the City’s financial performance and subject to available funding as determined by the City
- Work-Life Balance
- Four (4)-Day, 38 hour workweek (Monday to Thursday)
- Option for hybrid remote work (max of 2-days/week) after completion of Initial Probationary or Qualifying Period and subject to business needs
- Paid Leave and Holidays
- Comprehensive benefits package*** for all full-time, regular non-represented employees including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Policy
- Retirement Benefits
- Nevada PERS (Public Employees’ Retirement System)
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) Account
- Deferred Compensation – 457(b) and 401(a) Plans
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Insurance, Auto/Home Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, SSgA Upromise 529 College Savings Plan
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF) through the Federal Government
- Tuition and Certification Reimbursement Program, and much more!
- ***Click here to review all City Employee Benefits
New to Nevada or Henderson?
Click here to see what it’s like to live in/visit Henderson.
Click here to apply directly on the City of Henderson website.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Organizational Development, Workforce Education/Development, Human Resources, Public or Business Administration, or a closely related field
- Seven (7) years of professional experience in course development and delivering/facilitating training to adult learners, three (3) of which includes experience in organizational leadership and development, performance management, succession planning, and employee engagement and retention
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or “border state” driver’s license, as defined by NRS 483
- Desirable: Public sector experience
- Desirable Certifications in the following areas: instruction and facilitation, curriculum development, career coaching and talent development, human resources, project management, or digital/virtual learning
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel you meet all of the education or professional work experience requirements. You will have an opportunity to describe your equivalent experience and related training when answering the supplemental questions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of learning and development theories, practices, and methodologies; adult learning principles, blended learning solutions, and performance evaluation techniques; eLearning technology and platforms, learning management systems, and authoring tools; rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the City of Henderson Human Resources Department; City of Henderson organizational structure, vision, mission, priorities, and values; development, implementation, and evaluation of training and learning and development programs, meeting facilitation, and teambuilding; organizational behavior, organizational culture, and the role of learning and development in organizational success; industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in learning and development; and the principles and practices of employee supervision
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, execute, and monitor multiple learning and development initiatives simultaneously; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and persuasive manner; facilitation and training delivery skills, with the ability to engage and motivate learners and transfer knowledge effectively; relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, including subject matter experts, trainers, and vendors
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future needs, and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement; effectively coach and influence stakeholders at all levels within the organization, and to build consensus around learning and development goals and strategies; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships; identify and analyze learning and development needs, conduct effective needs assessments and develop and deliver training programs to meet those needs, and evaluate their effectiveness; coach employees; develop and prepare effective informational and instructional materials and aids; prepare clear and concise written materials using correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar; work independently, with minimal supervision, and to use initiative and independent judgment
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Wage Assignment: Pay Band 2
- Supervisory classification: No, but may direct the work of others
- EEO 4 Category: Professionals
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
How to Apply
Click here to apply directly on the City of Henderson website.
Required Documents/Assessment Information
Oral Board Interview with Written/Performance Component (Weighted 100%) – Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Selection Interview – Thursday, December 14, 2023
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a medical/physical examination including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
CITY & STATE
($) 77130.20 - ($) 115695.30