The purpose of this job is to provide advanced professional leadership and supervision of labor relations services for the City.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Supervises the work of assigned personnel; participates in hiring, training, and disciplinary actions; delegates work assignments; conducts performance evaluations.
- Manages and leads the labor relations functions of grievance procedures, discipline processes, and collective bargaining.
- Supervises and participates in the collection of data related to wages, hours of work, employee benefits, and general conditions of employment; analyzes data and assists in formulating the City’s position on economic objectives and operational issues for collective bargaining; projects costs and implication of collective bargaining positions.
- Supports other City-wide initiatives and implementation of employment terms and conditions.
- Supervises and participates in investigations of complaints against City employees, disciplinary investigations, and development and enforcement of rules and regulations.
- Represents the City with other jurisdictions and agencies on matters of labor relations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Assumes the roles and responsibilities of the HR Director in their absence.
- Oversees and implements City-wide disciplinary system.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and reports; attends a variety of meetings.
- Performs related work as required.
- To view the full job description, click HERE
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, economics, or a related field;
- At least five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional experience in labor relations and collective bargaining, including supervisory experience and experience as chief spokesperson in collective bargaining.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
CITY & STATE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
($) 102707 - ($) 130901