Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) – Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
City of Henderson (Nevada)
The City of Henderson is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join the Recruitment and Talent Acquisition Division of the City’s Human Resources Department.
- Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) provide subject matter expertise in full-cycle recruitment, talent acquisition, and workforce planning functions for a major department or group of departments.
- HRBPs play a key role as consultants, advisors, and innovators alongside City leaders and build strong business relationships with assigned departments to develop a deep knowledge of their culture, employees, business operations, and processes.
- HRBPs are self-directed and proactive problem solvers with highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills. They are positive, collaborative and dynamic individuals that thrive as part of a highly cross-functional HR team.
Examples of Duties
- Planning, developing, and implementing creative and pro-active full-cycle recruitment and talent acquisition strategies and processes with special emphasis on attracting well-qualified and diverse applicant pools.
- Developing and executing high-level and highly-complex recruitments and assessments and overseeing the recruitments assigned to the Recruitment and Talent Acquisition team.
- Providing strategic recommendations for short-term and long-term workforce planning and staffing levels, succession planning, organizational structure, reclassifications, retirement projections, and evaluating department training needs.
- Supervising one or more analysts and working in a team environment, promoting innovation in the recruitment process while ensuring consistency and compliance with City policies, collective bargaining agreements and the City of Henderson Civil Service Rules.
- Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary Range of $77,926.51 – $116,889.77 Annually Depending on Qualifications*
- Base Wage increase upon successful completion of Six (6)-Month Initial Probationary or Qualifying Period**
- Pay for Performance Base Wage Increase or Lump Sum Bonus**
- *Click Here to View the City’s Non-Represented Compensation Policy
- **Contingent upon the City’s financial performance and subject to available funding as determined by the City
- Work-Life Balance
- Four (4)-Day, 38 hour workweek (Monday to Thursday)
- Option for hybrid remote work (max of 2-days/week) after completion of Six (6)-Month Initial Qualifying Period and subject to business needs
- Paid Leave and Holidays
- Comprehensive benefits package** for all full-time, regular non-represented employees including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Policy
- Retirement Benefits
- Nevada PERS (Public Employees’ Retirement System)
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) Account
- Deferred Compensation – 457(b) and 401(a) Plans
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Insurance, Auto/Home Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, SSgA Upromise 529 College Savings Plan
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF) through the Federal Government
- Tuition and Certification Reimbursement Program, and much more!
- **Click here to review all City Employee Benefits
New to Nevada or Henderson? Click here to see what it’s like to live, work, and play in Henderson, Nevada.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Human Resources Management, or a closely-related field
- Five (5) years of human resources generalist, supervisory, or management experience in multiple human resources disciplines
- Note: An equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel you meet all of the education or professional work experience requirements. You will have an opportunity to describe your equivalent experience and related training when answering the supplemental questions.
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check
- Must complete and maintain Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and as a condition of continued employment.
- Desirable: Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), International Public Employers Management Association for Human Resources Certified Professional (IPMA-CP), or International Public Employers Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-SCP)
How to Apply
Go to Human Resources Business Partner – Recruitment and Talent Acquisition | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com) to learn more about the position and to submit your online application.
CITY & STATE
($) 77926.51 - ($) 116889.77