Nature of Work
Under general direction, the Compliance Coordinator facilitates, coordinates, and monitors the City of Las Cruces Self-Assessment and Transition Plan and ensure compliance with various regulations, standards, and laws protecting persons with disabilities.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Light physical demands. Frequent use of a personal computer and telephone.
Work Situation Factors
Position involves competing demands, performing multiple tasks, working to deadlines, occasional work beyond normal business hours, and responding to customer issues. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to ensure continuity of services. Position is subject to drug testing in accordance with applicable State and Federal regulations and City of Las Cruces policies.
First consideration may be given to current City of Las Cruces employees who meet the minimum requirements.
Meeting or exceeding the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the process.
Full-time, regular, exempt position
This position is graded at RX17.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains the City’s Self-Assessment and Transition Plan; ensures city wide implementation of the plan’s goals and the removal of barriers, maintains the availability of the Plan for public inspection, evaluates and revises ADA Transition plan, and accounts for changes from initial self-assessment.
- Performs on-site visits of City facilities, programs, and services for accessibility to identify barriers; monitors progress of barrier removal, works with management to ensure new facilities or alterations are accessible; prepares written reports regarding accessibility compliance.
- Performs research and analyzes data to provide findings and accessibility recommendations; researches and interprets federal and state laws and regulations to assist in the implementation of the City’s self-assessment and Transition Plan; prepares and presents various special and recurring reports to provide accurate and timely information.
- Conducts and coordinates annual surveys to document accessibility of City facilities, programs, and services; forecasts accessibility needs for future improvement projects and analyzes feedback on concerns related to accessibility.
- Serves as a member of the ADA Transition Liaison Committee to review the City’s CIP and ensures ADA Transition Plan elements are integrated with planned City improvement projects.
- Develops and maintains detailed and accurate documentation of processes; ensures standard operating procedures exist and are current to ensure compliance with the various regulations, federal, and state laws pertaining to persons with disabilities.
- Monitors federal and state mandates regarding ADA and provides interpretation of regulations to ensure compliance and consistent application of policies and regulations.
SALARY: $53,724.80 – $76,426.70 Annually
LOCATION: Las Cruces, NM
JOB TYPE: Full-time Regular
JOB NUMBER: F138 05-23 JV
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
OPENING DATE: 05/18/2023
CLOSING DATE: 6/19/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
High School Diploma, GED and a minimum of two (2) years experience developing and implementing employer based compliance and accommodation programs mandated by federal and state laws. A combination of education, experience, and training may be applied in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
Valid driver’s license may be required or preferred. If applicable, position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: principles, practices, techniques, activities, rules, and regulations related to the operations and functions of the position and services provided; current principles of record keeping and records management; principles and practices of effective research methods and data analysis, customer service, and problem resolution techniques; occupational and environmental safety and health hazards, and safety practices; safe and effective use and maintenance of related tools, materials, and equipment; current methods and standards for preparing effective business correspondence; correct English usage, grammar, composition, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; business and personal computers and related software applications; City organization, operations, policies, and procedures to effectively perform the required functions and duties of the position.
Ability to: perform a variety of duties and responsibilities and assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands to meet deadlines; ensure appropriate levels of customer service to achieve expectations and meet objectives; read, understand, and assure compliance with a variety of policies, procedures, rules, standards, and regulations governing related activities and functions; collect applicable information and maintain accurate and timely records; maintain confidentiality of information and data; communicate effectively orally and in writing and use interpersonal skills to sufficiently exchange or convey information and receive work direction; prepare and present accurate and reliable information and reports; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public; safely and effectively operate relevant tools, equipment, and motorized vehicles; navigate across even and uneven surfaces; timely and accurately enter data and update records using various mediums and formats; take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment within established procedural guidelines and carry out primary responsibilities in accordance with all governing regulations, statutes, and procedures to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
Skills in: reading, understanding, and applying relevant rules, ordinances, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures; effectively managing assignments; responding to inquiries timely and within the scope of delegated authority; responding appropriately, maintaining objectivity and freedom from prejudice, and exercising sound judgment and understanding in all interactions; effectively working independently, or as a team member, in various environments with changing priorities; preparing and presenting various reports, documents, forms, and correspondence; researching information, analyzing data, maintaining accurate records, and updating information in various mediums and formats; operating a personal computer with installed generic and specialized software; preparing and presenting information in a clear and concise manner; demonstrating appropriate and effective interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills; performing highly effective support in assigned areas.
CITY & STATE
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico
($) 53724.8 - ($) 76426.7