October 2-4, 2023
Get a head start on your PSHRA Annual Conference 2023 experience by including a pre-conference workshop with your registration. Space is limited, so act fast!
Registrants who complete a pre-conference workshop will earn a certificate.
Pre-conference workshops will take place on October 2, 2023.
Diving into People Analytics
People Analytics enables HR professionals to make data-driven decisions. Furthermore, analytics helps to test the effectiveness of HR policies and different interventions. Learn how to shift from an operational mindset to a strategic approach by using data in your decision making.
This course will prepare experienced public sector HR professionals to leverage data analytics to strategically make decisions about HR policies and interventions.
Through completion of the Diving into People Analytics preconference course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize key terminology and data evaluation techniques used in people analytics.
- Explain how to identify metrics, gather reliable data, and understand statistical differences.
- Describe the purpose of a t-test and analysis of variance (ANOVA) and considerations for how to design effective methodologies to evaluate differences between groups.
- Analyze the impact of an HR intervention using a t-test or ANOVA.
- Describe the purpose of correlational data analysis and how to evaluate results.
- Analyze the correlation between an HR practice and job performance.
- Describe how to use data analytics to explore causation.
- Analyze the impact of HR interventions to determine causality.
Executive Leadership in the Public Sector
Learn how to be an effective executive leader who focuses on business acumen, innovation, strategy, and equity/inclusion. This course is tailored for those at the HR Director/HR Managerial level and above.
This course will prepare experienced public sector HR leaders to strategically position HR as a transformative business partner and leader within their organization.
Through completion of the Executive Leadership preconference course, learners will be able to:
- Analyze HR and organizational needs through the lenses of business acumen, innovation, strategic innovation, and DEI.
- Articulate the role of public sector HR leaders as strategic business partners within an agency.
- Describe approaches to effectively collaborate with stakeholders across the agency.
- Utilize tools and assessments to provide data for strategic HR decisions.
- Plan how to develop and implement strategic HR initiatives.
Navigating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - A Public Sector Business Strategy
Learn how to make our work environment a place where all can thrive.
This course will prepare HR professionals to build and enact a transformative HR practice of DEI within their organization.
Through completion of the DEI preconference course, learners will be able to:
- Define DEI and related terms.
- Explain the relationship between DEI, Race Relations, and EEO in the public sector.
- Evaluate key facets involved in creating a healthier workplace environment.
- Articulate strategies to adopt DEI as a practice and a consciousness that impacts all areas of the organization.
- Analyze DEI policies to help promote a DEI practice within the HR function and the organization.